2005.03.31 杭州專輯簽名會

转帖: 新浪|微博新浪 百度|Hi空间百度 开心网开心 校内|人人网人人 豆瓣网豆瓣 搜狐|白社会搜狐 淘宝|淘江湖淘宝
1 F  发表于 2008-6-19 17:29 | 只看该作者 | 倒序看帖 | 跳转到 »
3/31/05 On a flight back to Taipei from China

Today is the last day of March and I'm flying back to Taipei after the 3rd leg of my promotional tour to China. It's been tiring but truly a great experience as I spent some time in Nanjing, Shanghai and Hangzhou this time.

Hangzhou, in particular, was spectacular as I finally had time to visit Westlake 西湖 and it's surroundings. I even had some time to take a short boat ride on the lake which was relaxing and refreshing. I wish I had more time there but unfortunately it will have to wait till I visit Hangzhou again on my own time. I can totally understand why Marco Polo once said that Hangzhou is one of the most splendid places on earth.

One thing I'd like to share with everybody during this trip was my album signing in Hangzhou. Actually, it was something that did NOT take place though it was planned way in advance. The record company and I had showed up on time and were ready to meet the fans to sign their albums; however, when we arrived we were told by the police 公安 that the event had to be cancelled. The reason they gave us was that the scene was too chaotic and they were afraid things would get out of hand resulting in a riot. There were many fans outside waiting (we were told approximately 2000 people) though, honestly, from what we could see there were absolutely NO signs of chaos or unruliness. Many fans arrived and waited in front of the record store since 8am for the event that was scheduled to start at 5pm. You could imagine how tired, cold and restless many of the fans were by that time.

We stood by waiting for almost an hour to see whether the police 公安 would allow the album signing to resume but they were insistent on canceling it without really giving us a good explanation. As you can imagine, I was both frustrated and saddened by the fact that I couldn't meet the fans whom many had been waiting all day for this event. I was NOT even allowed by the police 公安 to speak to the fans or crowd. We had attempted to use a microphone to communicate with the fans but the police 公安 forced us to stop. All of us felt this was extremely unfair and unreasonable. Till now, I'm still not sure of the exact reasons why we couldn’t hold the album signing or why it was cancelled. As I had said, from the looks of things that day everybody was very cooperative and peaceful and there were NO signs of any danger or threats to public safety if we were to hold the event.

The media was present at the event and I spoke to them extensively about the situation that day in Hangzhou. For those of you at the event that day in Hangzhou, I hope you can understand that the cancellation that day was NOT due in any part to any of us from the record company. We had every intention of signing every person's album that day though we were prevented from doing so. What my record company and I had proposed after receiving final word from the police公安 that the event must be cancelled was that we would have the record store collect everybody's CD and I would personally sign them back at the hotel and return them back to the fans the following day. That is exactly what I did and I hope many of you had given the record store your CD's to be autographed by me. That was the best thing we could have thought of in light of the forced cancellation by the police 公安

I hope I have explained and clarified the situation so that there would be no misunderstandings. Situations like this have happened in the past to me and other artists and the majority of the times it's rarely because the artist or the record company wants to cancel events. Public safety is very important to all of us and I would want no harm to come to any fan or person. However, there are often times when there are no evident signs of danger to public safety and this is one of those situations. Perhaps there were some other outstanding issues between the record store and police公安 that were unsettled prior to this event that forced it to be cancelled. In any event, it's the public and fans that suffer.

I'm deeply regretful that I couldn't personally meet every one of you that day in Hangzhou to autograph your CD's. I left feeling quite down and sad that night and I'm sure many of you were very depressed and frustrated as well. I hope there will be many more opportunities in the near future for us to meet again. Thanks for your understanding and always for your gracious support and love.

DT

2005年3月31日 中國飛返台北的班機上

今天是三月的最後一天,結束了第三波的內地宣傳行程,我正在飛返台北的旅途中。雖然有點累,但是我在南京、上海、杭州的這段時間卻是一個很棒的經驗。

尤其是杭州,我終於有機會訪覽西湖四周的景點。我甚至乘坐扁舟,嬉遊湖面,這真是一段怡然自得,清新自在的時光。真希望可以在那邊待久一點,可惜我只能等到自己下次有空來杭州玩的時候了。我完全可以體會馬可波羅當初所說的,杭州是地球上最壯麗的地方之一。

在這段旅程中,我有件事要跟大家分享的,那就是我在杭州的專輯簽名會。雖然這是計畫中的活動,然而事實上,這場活動並沒有舉行。我跟唱片公司的工作人員準時現身,準備跟歌迷們見面,為他們簽名;然而,當我們抵達現場時,當地的公安卻告訴我們,這場活動必須取消。他們給我們的理由是說,場面過於混亂,他們擔心會失控而釀成暴動。很多歌迷在外面等候(據說將近有2000人),平心而論,從我們在的位置看出去,現場絕對沒有任何混亂或失序的跡象。活動計畫在下午5點舉行,很多歌迷早上8點就到唱片行門口排隊等候。你可以想像這時候歌迷們是感到多麼的疲憊、寒冷且煩躁。

我們站在那裡等了大概一個小時,看看公安是否能讓簽名會恢復舉行,但是他們依舊堅持要取消,而且沒有給我們一個合理的解釋。如你所能想像的,這時的我感到十分沮喪、難過,因為我沒辦法見到那些整日守候的歌迷們。公安甚至不准我跟歌迷朋友們講話。我們試著用麥克風跟歌迷們溝通,公安卻把我們強行制止。我們所有人對此倍感不公與無理。直到現在,我還是不清楚不能舉行專輯簽名,必須取消這場活動的真正原因是什麼。就像我前面提到的,那天的現場看起來,每個人都非常地合作且平和,並沒有絲毫跡象顯示,舉行這場活動會對公共安全造成任何危險或威脅。

有些媒體報導了這場活動,我跟他們敘述了當天杭州的大致狀況。如果那天你有在杭州活動的現場,我希望你可以了解取消活動,並不是我們任何人或唱片公司決定的。我們盡一切可能想要簽完每個人的專輯,然而卻有人阻止我們這麼做。在我跟唱片公司知道了公安最終的決定是要取消活動之後,我們提議請唱片行收集每個人的CD,讓我自己回飯店幫他們簽名,隔天再將CD送還歌迷。我確實這樣做了,希望你們很多人都有讓唱片行轉交CD給我簽名。這是我們想盡辦法後的最佳途徑,因為有公安的強制取消。

我希望我有釐清整個狀況,不要有任何的誤會。我跟其他藝人以前也都有遇到類似的情形,大部分的時候都不是藝人本身或唱片公司要取消活動。公共安全對我們所有人來說都是非常重要的,我也不希望任何人或歌迷有受傷。然而,很多時候並沒有任何造成公安危險的明顯跡象,此次便是這種狀況。也許唱片行與公安在這之前,便有一些問題沒有解決或確認,導致活動被迫取消。無論如何,最後受害的是大眾與歌迷。

我深感遺憾的,當天在杭州,我沒有辦法見到你們每一個人,為你們的CD簽名。那晚我帶著失落與難過離去,我相信你們很多人同樣感到失望與沮喪。希望在不久的將來,我們能有更多的機會再次碰面。感謝你們的體諒,你們滿懷親切的支持與愛,我將永遠銘記在心。

陶喆
on my way to see my friends who lived a couple blocks away from me as i walked through the subway

返回列表