陶吉吉給歌迷信-2

转帖: 新浪|微博新浪 百度|Hi空间百度 开心网开心 校内|人人网人人 豆瓣网豆瓣 搜狐|白社会搜狐 淘宝|淘江湖淘宝
1 F  发表于 2004-10-5 18:16 | 只看该作者 | 倒序看帖 | 跳转到 »
9.4.04 9:48  am TaipeiA little less than two weeks have passed and I’m in a much different place than when I wrote my last letter. It’s not the fact that I’m now in Asia but that I’m now suddenly invigorated and very inspired. I’d like to tell you how and why but it’s difficult to explain and describe so I’ll just say that God has been leading me and lighting the path for me. Things are starting to become clear and colorful again and it seems that now I can “see” the road and my destination. I was worried and down but it seems that the dark cloud has been lifted and now the sun is shining on me. I feel that I’m walking into new territory and the next phase of my life and this album. Encouragement, friendship and love during this time are very crucial and, again, I thank you all for your constant outpour of love and support.The new album is taking shape and I am now able to see many of its distinguishing features. I can’t say that the end is near but the end is in sight. I am very excited about this new album and I can guarantee that it will be something very different yet close to my heart. There are many new things that I’m working on in this new album but one of the key elements is, simplicity. I feel some of my previous creations (and much of what’s on the market now) is very “overproduced” and often times too slick. I feel that music needs to return to its roots in terms of instrumentation and content. Music nowadays is often times just layer upon layer of sounds and parts that really don’t add up to anything. We have at our disposal so much technology and information yet we don’t generate or create anything truly original or new. It’s no different for musicians and producers as we now have software and equipment that can do things you only dreamed of five years ago. Yet we abuse and overuse it while at the same time create nothing truly new and original. Thus, trying to keep things simple is one of the most difficult things to achieve in spite of all these options and tools. Some of the best artists and painters draw with very simple lines and colors. Some of the most haunting and memorable images are nothing more black and white portraits. Some of the best melodies only have a few notes and chords behind them. It’s not what you put in but what you decide to leave out, as Beethoven said. Simplicity is the key to life.One thing I’d like to clarify is that presently there is no “official” David Tao website. You may be reading this letter on a bbs, forum, email, etc. but please note that it has originated from yours’ truly and is NOT the property of any website or organization other than myself. Also, the fact that you find the posting of this or any of my writings on a website, forum, bbs or email does NOT mean that I am endorsing that particular entity, individual or organization. I want to clarify this in the event that there may be any misunderstandings or issues in the future. Again, I am NOT endorsing, validating or officiating any forum, organization or website when I post my writings on it. I’m merely sharing with everybody my thoughts and ideas via this particular medium or website. Consequently, I am not responsible nor do I have any involvement with the operation or management of this and these websites, forums and organizations. I hope you can all understand my stand on this issue and that it is not intended to offend anyone. This is to avoid problems and misunderstands in the future which could prevent me from posting my writings. I do, however, encourage you to share my letters and postings with your friends and other forums that may be interested.Often times, during the production of an album I close myself off to the world and it’s happenings. I don’t read the news, listen to the radio or any music nor do I participate in many activities. This forces me to look “inside” myself and become introspective. I can’t rely on the outside world for inspiration, feelings or interaction all the time. I must become self-sufficient and live on my own for that period of time especially when I’m writing. I call it “fasting from life”. These periods could last from one week to a few months and often times it can become quite painful. It’s very similar to fasting or food abstinence in that the early stages are very difficult while your body goes through changes and tries to adjust to the lack of food and nutrition. However, as your body adjusts (or in my case, my mind and life), new feelings, ideas and perspectives emerge and present themselves. Often times, you are able to see things clearer than before and perhaps things you initially missed now take on new meaning. This is a period of cleansing in which I empty my mind and soul and allow new energies into my life.I enjoy driving very much because it gives me a sense of freedom, speed and clarity. I can see the world in its’ entirety and every passing second gives me a different view and landscape. I am “in control” and I can go where I want to go. When my friends ride with me in the car they often ask me why I have the radio/CD player off. They are quite surprised since they would imagine a musician to enjoy listening to music while driving. Many people like to drive with the music on as it accompanies their drive as well as provides an emotional backdrop for they journey. However, I like to drive with the music completely off. In fact, I rarely listen to music throughout my day. Perhaps it’s because I’m always around music that I choose to not have music on in my daily life. You may have heard people ask, “Do you listen to music to change your mood or to fit your mood?” I think people do both, which shows how powerful music, can be. And because music has such power I choose to have it off at certain times because it can either alter or further enhance my present mood at that moment. I’d much rather allow my mind and heart to think and feel for itself ratherthan have something else interfere. That’s why often times when I come back to Asia I feel myself being bombarded with new gossip, information, news and “garbage”. It’s difficult to “turn off” the world outside of us but sometimes we need to do that.One my favorite directors once said that we are all systematically being changed without us even knowing it. Year by year our standards and expectations are being lowered and we aren’t even aware of it. If you compare our world with the way it was a year or two years ago you may realize how little it’s progressed and improved. You may notice, in fact, that it has regressed and worsened. Or perhaps you think the world is a better place? Perhaps our standards and expectations have been lowered so gradually that we don’t even realize it? How many of you feel “safe” in the city you live in? Do you feel an increased amount of violence and hatred in the city, country, and world in which you live in? I do. Oddly, sometimes I don’t even feel safe in my own home. Violence doesn’t always present itself in the physical form. There is violence within the mind, spirit and soul. There is constant and increased abuse of our rights and lives by society, the media, corporations and governments. Therefore, I feel the “turning off” of the outside world during certain periods to be very important. It’s also very important to know how to “filter” what comes in and what stays out of our lives and minds.It’s very much like the proliferation of viruses and bugs in our computers and even cell phones now. Each day I open my email box to find dozens of pieces of junk mail and garbage flooding and overloading it. We have junk mail filters which are designed to “search and destroy” this garbage, however, these filters don’t necessarily catch everything and at times can even misidentify legitimate mail for junk mail accidentally discarding it. Each one of us is like an email box and our filters are all set at different operating levels. Some of us don’t have filters so we have to manually sort our mail each day, which is both frustrating and time consuming. Many times, we are tempted or fooled by such junk or fraudulent mail and misinformation leading to disastrous results. As in life, our mental and emotional filtersoften times don’t catch everything and, as a result, we are lead astray and become confused. Do you have a junk mail filter for life? And if so, what level is your junk mail filter set to? Are you aware of what’s true or false in your life and what’s around you? Do you believe everything you read in the papers? Do you believe everything your government, teachers and leaders tell you?When in doubt, follow your heart. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be afraid to have a point of view. Pray to God for guidance and clarity.
[em04][em04][em04][em04][em04]
on my way to see my friends who lived a couple blocks away from me as i walked through the subway

2 F  发表于 2004-11-4 17:05 | 只看该作者
全是英文,搞个翻译来吧,!
我为自己是喆迷而骄傲!自豪!

3 F  发表于 2004-12-6 20:57 | 只看该作者
看来我现在要更加努力学习英语啦~
喜欢不需要理由! 你在沙滩上写满她的名字,却被海浪带走了! 我在大街上写满你的名字,我被警察带走了! [img]http://www.5iting.com/pic/373.jpg

4 F  发表于 2004-12-14 23:59 | 只看该作者
汗~~~~~~~我一直深信我是最爱国的,因为我从小学开始就一直用我的行动(英语成级)来证明这一点。狠呐“”“”“看不懂呀!哎~~~~~~~

5 F  发表于 2004-12-15 08:02 | 只看该作者
有已经翻译过的呀~大家不用这么费力气 看这个..
忘了是怎么开始,也许就是对你,有一种感觉...

6 F  发表于 2004-12-15 08:05 | 只看该作者
2004年9月4日  早晨9:38  台北

距离上一封信还不到两个星期的时间,可我现在已经处于一个很不一样的状态。不是因为我现在在亚洲,而是现在的我突然觉得很有活力,感到受到启发。我很想告诉大家这是怎么改变的、为什么会改变,但又实在很难去解释或者描述,所以我只能说是上帝在指引着我并为我照明了前方的道路。事情开始变得清晰并且又如同以往有了活力,而我也可以“看见”前方的路和目的地。我曾经担心、沮丧,但现在乌云似乎已经不再笼罩着我,太阳的光也照在我身上。我觉得我正迈入一个新的领域,迈进我的人生以及这张专辑的下一个阶段。在这段时间,鼓励,友情和爱对我来说是不可或缺的,我再一次感谢你们给予我的坚定的、不变的爱与支持。
新专辑正在渐渐成型中,现在我能看到它的许多特点。我不能说专辑已经快完工了,但是那个时刻的确已经可以看到了。对于这个新专辑我感到非常激动并且我能保证它将是非常不同的,而且紧系着我的心。专辑里我加入了很多新的东西,但最主要的元素是:朴实。我觉得我早先的一些创作(和现在市场上的许多创作)供过于求,许多时候也太表面化。我认为音乐在乐器和内容方面需要回到它的根源。现今的音乐经常只是一层层没有意义的声音。我们有很多任我们使用的技术和信息,但是我们却创造不出什么真正独创的或新颖的东西。

现在的音乐家和制作人有了软件和设备可以去做任何事情,而这些在五年前只能是做梦。然而我们一直在浪费在滥用它们,同时,创造不出任何独创或新颖的东西。因此,尽力去保持简单朴素是最难做到的一件事情,尽管有这全部选择和工具。一些最杰出的艺术家和画家都用非常简单的线条和色彩创作,一些最令人难以忘怀的作品只不过是黑色和白色的肖像而已。一些最好的旋律也只有几个音符与和弦。贝多芬说过,不在于你想要投入什么,而是你决定省略什么。朴实是生活的关键。
顺便说一下,目前公司还没有成立陶喆官方网站。如果在网站,论坛或者电邮中读到这封信,只能代表的是我个人的想法,并不代表该网站的观点。另外,如果你们在其他网站、论坛或者电邮里看到我所写的信件,那并不意味着我完全同意该个人、网站或者团体所持的所有看法。因为我不想在将来这方面上产生任何不必要的误会。我只是想继续通过这种特定的网站和大家真诚地交流我的思想和看法。也因为我对于网站和论坛没有管理的职务,所以无法代表或者负责。我希望你们大家能理解我说这些话的真正用意,而绝对不是想针对谁而冒犯他。这也可以为了将来更好地和大家交流而避免一些麻烦和误解。我希望所有对我和我的想法感兴趣的朋友能够一起继续分享我来信中的内容和想法。
每次在作专辑的时候,我都把自己关闭起来,不去管外面的世界和发生的事情,我不读新闻,不听电台广播或任何音乐,也不参加很多活动。这迫使我往自己“内心”看并变得自省。我不能一直依赖外界给我灵感、感觉或互动。这样的时期,我必须变得自足,靠自己生活,特别是当我在创作的时候。我把它称作“生活斋戒”。这个时期会持续一个星期至几个月,很多时候它是相当痛苦难熬的。这和斋戒或绝食是非常相似的,因为前期阶段,当你的身体在变化,在经受,在设法调整到缺乏食物和营养的状态的时候,是非常困难的。然而, 当你的身体调整好了(或者对于我来说,是我的头脑和生活), 新的感觉、想法和观察将会涌现,将会尽情的展示它们自我。往往,你也能把事情看得比以前更清楚透彻,而且以前错过的,现在也被赋予了新的意义。

在这段洗涤的时期,我清空我的头脑和灵魂,让新的能量进入我的生活。

我喜欢非常驾驶,因为它给我自由、迅速和清晰的感觉。我看得到世界的全部,从身边飞驰而过的每一秒都给我带来一个不同的视野和风景。我控制着,我可以去我想要去的地方。当我的朋友乘坐我的车时,他们经常问我为什么我把电台音乐或关掉。他们非常惊讶,因为在他们想象中,一位音乐家开车的时候应该是喜欢听音乐的。狠多人喜欢在开车的时候放音乐,让音乐陪伴这他们,也为他们的旅行提供一个情感上的背景。然而,我喜欢驾驶时是完全没有音乐的。
实际上, 我每一天很少听音乐。或许是因为我总是被音乐环绕着,所以我选择在我的日常生活中不去接近音乐。你也许听过有人这么问道,“你会不会用听音乐来改变心情,或者聆听适合你心情的音乐?” 我认为人们两个都会做,这显示音乐会有着多么强的力量。也正因为音乐有这样的力量,我选择在有些时候关掉音乐,因为它可能在那片刻改变或进一步加深我当时的心情。我宁愿让我的思绪和心情自己去体会也不想让其他事情来干涉。所以很多次当我回到亚洲时,我经常感觉自己被新的八卦、信息、新闻和“垃圾”所炮轰。要令自己避开外面的世界是很困难的,但有的时候我们需要这么做。

一位我很欣赏的导演曾经说过,我们全部都是在没有察觉的情况下,被系统化地改变着。年复一年我们的标准和期望被降低,但我们却没有意识到。如果你将现在的世界和一或二年前的世界比较,你或许会意识到它只有多么少的进步和改进。你可能注意到了, 实际上, 它退步了,恶化了。又或许你会认为现在的世界是一个更好的地方? 或许我们的标准和期望都逐渐的被降低了,所以我们根本没有意识到? 你们有多少人在自己居住的城市有安全的感觉?你是否感觉到在你居住的城市、国家和世界中,暴力和仇恨正在增加?我是感觉到了。奇怪,有时候我在我自己的家都没有安全的感觉。暴力不总是会以具体形态出现的,它存在于我们的头脑里中、精神中,灵魂之内。我们的权利也经常被社会、媒介、公司和政府滥用。所以, 我觉得在某些时候让自己避开外面的世界是很重要的。要学会如何去“过滤”那些进入我们生活和思想的东西也是非常重要的。
这和病毒还有垃圾在我们的电脑和手机里的肆意扩散十分相似。每天我打开我的电邮都会发现它被许多宣传品和垃圾邮件淹没了。我们设有“搜寻和恶意”垃圾邮件过滤器,然而,这些过滤器不能捉住每一件垃圾邮件,有时也会错误辨识合法的邮件为邮寄宣传品并删除这些合法邮件。我们每一个人都象是一个电子邮箱,有不同层次过滤器在工作着。有些人没有过滤器,因此我们必须手工清理每天的邮件, 这很令人挫败也太耗时了。许多次, 我们被这样垃圾邮件诱惑或唬弄或欺骗和误传导致不堪的后果。在生活中,我们的精神和情感过滤器经常无法捕捉住一切。结果,我们被引人歧途,变得迷茫。你的生活中有这种垃圾邮件过滤器吗?如果有的话,你的垃圾邮件过滤器是设置在什么样水平呢?你是否可以分辨你的生活中,什么是真实什么是虚假,还有你周围的一切?你是否相信你在报纸上读到的一切?你是否相信你的政府,老师和领导人所告诉你的一切?

当你有质疑的时候,请跟随你自己的心。不要害怕问问题。不要害怕有自己的观点。对上帝祈祷,祈求指引和明鉴吧。
忘了是怎么开始,也许就是对你,有一种感觉...

7 F  发表于 2005-5-5 18:17 | 只看该作者

[em01]
我非常热爱他的音乐!希望他永不退休!

8 F  发表于 2005-5-21 13:06 | 只看该作者
感动[em30]

返回列表