陶喆无名小站BLOG 【7月20日更新】

转帖: 新浪|微博新浪 百度|Hi空间百度 开心网开心 校内|人人网人人 豆瓣网豆瓣 搜狐|白社会搜狐 淘宝|淘江湖淘宝
1 F  发表于 2009-7-20 02:01 | 只看该作者 | 倒序看帖 | 跳转到 »

BLOG地址:www.wretch.cc/blog/D6T9

无名小站代理:http://daili.twbloger.com/ 服务器3效果较好

用其他代理网站也可以上,推荐一个:
http://proxy.daili.name/

July 20, 2009
69體驗營終於來了!"Are You Experienced" Pre-release Party is Here!

"69 體驗營“終於來了!我們昨天(7/19/2009)在台北舉行了一場非常特別的體驗營。我們邀請了69位特別的朋友來搶先感受新專輯的音樂,概念,
和音樂電影。我和整個企畫部非常的興奮又緊張,因為這是首次華語流行音樂用這樣的活動讓大家搶先聽和感受一張未發行的專輯!如果你們沒有參加到,
也不用擔心,因為我們有全程的跟拍讓大家可以一起“體驗”!Here's the link, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/D6T9TV#play/uploads/7/-r0OhhrUuIo

Thanks again to our wonderful 企畫“夢幻”組合!僕僕,Philip, Cheer, Mitch and Shay, you guys ROCK!

July 19, 2009
I Love You, Mr. Dirty Organ Man 我愛你,骯髒器官先生

雖然電風琴(Organ)是個鍵盤樂器,但不是會彈鋼琴的人就會彈奏電風琴。它是個非常有個性的樂器,也有很多屬於自己獨特彈奏的技巧。它可以很 dirty and nasty,但同時也可以非常的 holy and soulful。可以在神聖的教堂出現(gospel and church music),也可以在頹廢的 Mississipi blues bar 陪伴酒醉的客人。Organ在英文可以翻譯成電風琴,同時也是器官的意思。在我眼裏,Organ不只是一個樂器,而真的是一個 living、 breathing 的“器官”。

我很愛這個電風琴,但我更愛 Mr. Jim Cox, 鍵盤大師。

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92FKHlfVryc

這不是第一次跟 Jim 合作,之前他在 【太平盛世] 彈奏了“愛,是個什麼東西?”中的 organ parts。那個時候的歌曲沒有特別突出 organ 的部份,所以我立下以後如果還有歌需要 organ,一定要再找 Jim 來發揮功力。這次專輯中雖然沒有很多 organ,但在這首歌裏有讓 Jim 大大的秀他的magic。

現在的科技和電腦能模擬很多聲音。你能想得到的,都可以做的出來,但電腦還是不能 replace the real thing (無法取代真的樂器)。一台 Hammond B3 organ 在當時是個很複雜的樂器,雖然它現在算是是古老的技術。它有很多的drawbars, switches, buttons。這一切都是讓彈奏的人可以去改變它的音色。B3 organ 另一個特別的部份就是他的發聲喇叭,這就是它的 rotary speaker 或 Leslie effect. 這個會 “旋轉的喇叭“ 很有趣,它是個非常原始,粗糙的發明和原理,但到現在還是沒有辦法被取代。它的原理就是把兩個喇叭安裝在兩個會旋轉的馬達上,然後放在喇叭裡面。這樣,當它們一邊在轉的時候,它們的聲音就會造成一種很Stereo,立體的效果。這個跟 siren effect (警笛聲)的原理很類似。所以當你們在聽這首歌和 organ 的時候,特別留意那種“旋轉”和立體的效果,很酷的!

Well...在不久你們就會聽到這張專輯和裡面的歌曲、編曲和概念了。我非常期待跟你們分享這張專輯,因為它是我的生命的一部份。也希望你們能感受到裡面的故事和情感。

Until next time, stay cool! DT

July 11, 2009
Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, it's my birthday. Don't ask me which one it is or how old I am. It's not important anymore.

It is officially my birthday, NOW. It wasn't my birthday when the video was shot. It was merely a warm-up,
pre-birthday celebration. And since I didn't really get to "party" on my birthday, I am now officially making
the entire month of July, my birthday month. That means I get to celebrate everyday of the month till the 31st
without being called childish, indulgent or irresponsible. I've earned it. Enjoy your birthday this way too!

Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20-HZfRwukc

Happy Birthday to Me! Thanks to all my friends and family who came out. You guys are the best!

July 4, 2009
這些老外。。。值得我們學習

自己看了新的video之後又有一個感覺想跟大家分享,那就是關於這些“老外”音樂人。。。

其實跟這些樂手合作最快樂的不是因為他們的技巧和playing很厲害,而是他們的態度好和領悟能力高。還有的就是,他們懂得表達他們對你的音樂最真實的感受。
這個對我來說,非常重要。他們聽到你的音樂之後會說,“Cool, man, this sounds fun" or "Yo, I dig it, man!". 但並不是再吹捧你,而是在表達他們對音樂的第一個反應。聽到他們這樣的話,會常讓我覺得更有想法,動力,和自信。那種正面, positive energy,的環境和互動真的很有力量。他們“不怕”說出他們的真心話,也”不怕“讚美人。這種懂得讚美別人的習慣,是我覺得非常值得學習的。

可能因為東方人比較涵蓄,比較內斂,所以我們有時候很難說出口這種讚美的話。如果有人說出對我們說出一些讚美的語詞,我們甚至於會當成是他們在諷刺或”虧“我們。
It's interesting how cultures are different and they way people express themselves are different.

總之,他們的那種在音樂上的表達能力和分享是我成長的養分!今天別忘了用真心的讚美一個人吧!Even if it's only, "Hey, I like your hair today! It's nice!" It'll make you and somebody else SMILE!

July 4, 2009
第二個新專輯錄音側拍來了! I’ve got bass!

第二個新專輯錄音側拍來了! I’ve got bass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vZdLfPUUNc

在第一集中,我介紹了這次合作的鼓手 - Shawn。在第二集中,我想介紹這次合作的貝斯手 bass player - Paul Bushnel。Paul來自愛爾蘭,也是個有很多credit的音樂人。

Bass 雖然只有四條弦,主要是維持節奏進行的樂器 (holding the groove together),但它的變化可以是很多的。一個好的 bassline 可以決定一首歌的氣氛。Bass是低音吉他,所以音頻不高。對於不懂音樂的人,它常會被忽略,因為不是很容易被聽出來。可是一位好的 bass player can really make a difference in a song.

我也是第一次跟 Paul 合作。他是王治平大哥大力推薦的。因為這次的 sound 和編曲沒有很多樂器,所以我在選擇樂手的部份特別要求。我要求的不僅是他們的精準度高和技巧好,而且他們的 tone 和 sound 要很獨特. 因為這次是 rock trio (3 piece band) 的編曲方式,所以每一個樂器的 tone 會特別明顯和重要。我之前合作的 bassist 技巧很好,但沒有很特別的 sound 和音色。這次 Paul 一來,就帶了至少八把低音吉他來。從很復古的 Hofner violin bass ( Paul McCartney 早期在Beatles 用的 ) 到很現代的 Fender Precision 5-string,他給了我幾乎所有能想得出來的 bass tone 的可能性!又是一個非常專業的音樂人!

還有一個令我很欣賞 Paul 的地方,就是他使用效果器 (effects) 在他的 bass tone上的功力。吉他手都常會用 guitar effects,但不是很多 bassist 會使用 effects。如果有的話,也不多。因為在 bass 上面使用 effects (chorus, flanger, delay, overdrive) 不是那麼簡單的。你聽 Paul 彈我這首歌當中的第一個figure,就可以知道他是個高手。我非常喜歡他用 chorus 和 delay 彈那些和弦的parts。有種說不出來的憂傷,也是吉他或其他樂器做不出來的聲音。厲害!

我也希望你們會喜歡這首歌,雖然你們只能聽到一點點。。。

這是一首我很喜歡的情歌,因為裡面的故事是我的親身體驗。我也從來沒有寫過這樣的旋律和結構的 ballad. If you like it, please let me know, I’m excited to hear what you guys think! 你們很快就能聽到完整的【他】 了!

June 30, 2009
Our House...is a very, very, very fine house

Lavina,Goobii和所有參加以上對話的朋友,謝謝你們!你們讓我很感
動。感動的原因也就是因為我們可以這樣一起分享,討論,表達我們的想
法。就是這麼簡單。在這種討論當中,沒有絕對的“對”或“錯”,只有觀點
的不同。我希望在這個地方,我們永遠可以做這樣的交流,因為只有這樣
的交流才能讓我們更了解彼此和這個世界。

This is a place for sharing ideas and feelings.

這不是我的blog。。。這是我們的blog.

June 29, 2009
我的回覆

以下是我的回覆。。。

Lavina, thoughtful piece of writing and I do think you have your point. However, here are a few thoughts on what you've said...

"I don't get it. Is the 60’s something to be proud of? "

As a collective conscious, yes, the 60's is an era and a time in history that we should be knowledgeable and aware of. There's much we can learn (or, perhaps, forget about) from history though, we, as humans often turn our heads from the past. I don't think anyone attached personal pride to that period of time in any of these replies.

"But how many of those who upheld the “Love
& Peace” banner of the 60’s knew the true meaning of
love and peace?"

I don't think we have any quantitative account of how many people knew the meaning, however, there were many movements that led to action and changes during that period which are still influential today in the peace keeping process. That's history that's been written. How does one measure influence in human history?

"Embracing sexual freedom isn’t love, neither is it
true freedom. Rather, I see it as selfishness and self-
indulgence. Don’t you think the many problems of
society today take root from the sexual revolution of
the 60’s?"

Again, nobody said that embracing sexual freedom is love. Sexual freedom and love are two separate things and were never used in comparison. Whether sexual freedom in and of itself is selfish or self-indulgence is your personal opinion, like you said. Sexual freedom was not born in the 1960's. It was something that existed probably as long as man existed. I'm sure one of sexual freedom's heights was during dynastic Chinese civilization and Roman civilizations? Are there not evils from every era of mankind post-Genesis?

"Speaking of freedom, what’s true freedom? Is it being
able to do as one please? Nature has its law and
order, so is our society. If everyone does as he
pleases, what will the world become? How can peace be
found then?"

Are you defending a particular religion or moral concept? Freedom is what you make of it and that definition changes with different societies, eras and governments. Freedom does not mean anarchy or some kind of an existential society defined by Nietzsche. This freedom isn't any extreme definition of the word but the basic human need to express one's self (in a socially responsible manner) without harming others. I don't find this form of freedom offensive, do you?

"The youth today may embrace hip-hop without
understanding the soul of hip-hop. How is that
different from those of the 60’s who embraced “love &
peace” without truly understanding love and peace? I
don’t see those of the 60’s being any less
superficial, just a lot more conceited."

Hip-hop is a form or music or, to some, a form of dress or esthetics. The "movement" of love and peace was a thought, attitude or perhaps, even, ideology. How can these two be compared? It's comparing apples and oranges, which is better?

Perhaps if you wanted to compare the hip-hop and hippie movement and their attached "lifestyles" that would be more pertinent.

Please remember, the hippie movement and lifestyle in the 60's was not a transplanted culture or form, it evolved in the 60's in California. Hip-hop did NOT evolve in Asia. It evolved amongst African-Americans and their lifestyles. Therefore, my point was that in order to truly understand the "soul" of hip-hop (especially being that it's not indigenous to our culture) we need to delve deeper into understanding it's origins and roots. My other point was that hip-hop music would find it difficult to sustain itself in Asia because we've transplanted it's physical elements but not it's inner core. Is there anything wrong with "embracing" these exterior or esthetic elements? Of course not. However, the soul and meaning of things gets lost in time which, to me, is worth lamenting.

This piece was not written to be conceited or offensive but to offer to some people a view into an era that I found very seminal in the making of our modern 20th century world. I was born on the tail of that decade but was a benefactor from it. I didn't expect some of you would take to the defensive on this. I hope this explains somewhat my intentions and motivations.

June 29, 2009
我有很自負嗎?

有位朋友剛寫了一篇話,讓我覺得必需要回覆。。。他說:

I don't get it. Is the 60’s something to be proud of?
Indeed, having the courage to express oneself is
admirable. But how many of those who upheld the “Love
& Peace” banner of the 60’s knew the true meaning of
love and peace?

Embracing sexual freedom isn’t love, neither is it
true freedom. Rather, I see it as selfishness and self-
indulgence. Don’t you think the many problems of
society today take root from the sexual revolution of
the 60’s?

Speaking of freedom, what’s true freedom? Is it being
able to do as one please? Nature has its law and
order, so is our society. If everyone does as he
pleases, what will the world become? How can peace be
found then?

The youth today may embrace hip-hop without
understanding the soul of hip-hop. How is that
different from those of the 60’s who embraced “love &
peace” without truly understanding love and peace? I
don’t see those of the 60’s being any less
superficial, just a lot more conceited.

[此贴子已经被作者于2009/7/21 2:31:39编辑过]

on my way to see my friends who lived a couple blocks away from me as i walked through the subway

2 F  发表于 2009-7-20 02:01 | 只看该作者
June 20, 2009
To Po or not to Po?

你們的回覆和聲音真的讓我笑了。。。但那是開心的笑。感恩的喜悅。說要Po新歌還有那麼的多人勸我不要這麼做,這個世界怎麼了?哈哈。。。

但我真的很感動這麼多人願意等待,這也給我更多的能量去完成這張非常”主觀“的專輯。

新歌是成果,但更重要的是每個創作的過程。這個我希望你們可以跟我一起的參與和觀看。

請拭目以待。。。

June 19, 2009
主觀VS客觀?

在創作上主觀有“罪”嗎?

What do you think? 主觀VS客觀?

June 18, 2009
真的是我嗎?

很多人都在問,真的是陶喆嗎?如果是我,也會這樣的懷疑。

我想唯一能夠“證明”真的是陶喆的方式。。。就是upload一首新歌?我這幾天都在想這個問題。

To be or not to be.

如果台北的悶熱繼續下去,我就會被逼迫去這樣做。

Going crazy from heat...

And how do you, my friends, feel lately?

June 16, 2009
Follow me on Twitter!

Yo, Everybody! Follow me on Twitter at davidztao! See you there!

June 10, 2009
The Beginnings of a Dialogue...

感謝你們,不論是回應,認同,鼓勵或是反對,我全都接受!
on my way to see my friends who lived a couple blocks away from me as i walked through the subway

3 F  发表于 2009-7-20 02:02 | 只看该作者
June 8, 2009
我是69

文/陶喆

來到人間

1969年,人類首次登陸月球,尼克森成為美國歷史上的醜聞總統,哈佛跟康乃爾大學的學生組織了大規模的反戰暴動,伍迪艾倫撰寫了一本極富爭議的性愛寶典,男同志開始對警察展開反擊,第一場搖滾音樂祭「胡士托」誕生,披頭四發行經典專輯【艾比路】後便宣布解散,,齊柏林飛船製作了第一張重金屬搖滾專輯,兩起造成社會恐慌的連續殺人密案 – 曼森謀殺集團及極道殺人魔 – 公諸於世,龐克音樂誕生,【午夜牛郎】成為第一部奪下奧斯卡最佳影片獎項的限制級電影,【芝麻街】兒童節目開始在電視播映 …

同年的7月11日,我來到人間。

新時代的開端

1969年代表著一個十年的結束,但也是人類新時代的開端。不同於之前的年代,許多在這一年立下的里程碑與發生的動亂在在定義了我們至今所存有的世界。但是許多人並未意識到這點 …

在1969年之前,這世界依然是非常保守的。然而在1969年,所有的人事物似乎變得都想突破限囿,爭取自由。一切都爆發了 – 思潮的爆發,情感的爆發,道德的爆發,甚至連科技也爆發了。整個世界好像串連起來搞叛變。我們現在所謂的「反文化」於此萌發。我的雙親也是其中的一份子,他們用私奔來對抗傳統與雙方的家庭。他們逃家,私訂終身,最後生下了我。這也造就了我頑皮叛逆的童年性格,我的成長過程便成了現世報的因果輪迴。在那段時光裡,雙親頭上頂著大蓬頭髮型,腿上掛條大喇叭褲,身上穿著鮮豔的大翻領印花襯衫。我老爸甚至會披著粉紅圍巾。在那個嬉皮年代裡,蓄留長髮是最殺的。六0年代中期瀰漫著「愛與和平」,性革命與藥物文化四處散布。那時候的世界似乎比現在更「自由」,相較而言,我們現在的限制比較少。難道真是如此嗎?

山寨與原味

許多現代的藝術與流行文化看起來非常粗糙膚淺。它們只是感官訴求,並沒有真的引起太多的思考與討論。乍看之下,你可能會覺得很「酷」,當你深究其中,卻是言之無物。不過最令我煩擾的是現在的音樂、藝術、流行與美學都是模仿來的。它們都是從六0與七0年代的藝術原型改編複製而來,卻沒有延續其靈魂與意義,一切變得只是「金玉其外,敗絮其中」。從昔日作品中攫取靈感並沒有甚麼不對,但我們應該要如何借屍還魂、除舊立新呢? 比改編更糟糕的是,打造次等山寨的山寨。我們都知道要讓完美變得更完美是困難的,但是我們能不能至少打造一個忠於原味的山寨?

我自己認為了解事物的發生源頭與歷程是很重要的。尤其當你想要自成一派的時候,這便顯得格外重要。這不僅適用於創意領域,也包括商業、科技、政治與社會範疇。如果你是一位汽車設計師,你就必須徹底了解從第一輛福特汽車所開啟的汽車工業世紀以及競爭對手目前的生產重心。如果你是一位搖滾音樂作者,掌握搖滾音樂所蘊含的深度與廣度對你來說便是很重要的,這包括非洲部落音樂史,藍調音樂史及其演變成硬式搖滾的發展過程。萬物皆有所本,能夠了解彼此的關係與根源是有其必要的。

零世代

我們不能忘記六0與七0是個喧囂的年代。整個世界淹沒在人權運動、戰爭、暴動與政變的洪流之中。這也許是讓人們有進一步表達自我的理由與動機 ? 到底是時代決定我們,還是我們決定世代?

我一直認為嘻哈饒舌音樂不可能在中港台三地成氣候,因為我們並沒有相關歷史與環境的孕育。這並不是說我們不喜歡嘻哈饒舌這樣的樂風,而是它欠缺在這裡存在的「理由」。嘻哈饒舌音樂乃是源於非美歷史、族群鎮壓、幫派文化與暴力。它是來自於表達自我的必要,而不只是一種音樂類型或特定聲響。中港台的年輕世代是否像嘻哈饒舌音樂誕生時一樣,因為種族鎮壓、暴力與歧視而受苦? 或者他們只是因為很酷而採用一種音樂與時尚風格? 我經常在台北、香港、北京的街頭上看到一些打扮得很嘻哈的年輕人,但是我總好奇他們真的會「說到做到」嗎? 當然,像他們這樣的穿著並沒有錯,可是難道我們不應該更深一層的探究 : 我們只是流於表面,還是真實活出自我 ? 也許這個世代不只是膚淺與無厘頭的,他們甚至對自己是無知的。有人說上兩個世代是X跟Y,現在這個世代是Z。這是代表「零(Zero)世代」嗎?

你在哪裡 ?

1969年9月26日,披頭四發表了最後一張專輯【艾比路】 (正式的「讓它去吧」)沒多久,他們便散團了。這張專輯跟他們多數的作品一樣,叫好又叫座。披頭四的音樂總是融合了藍調、古典、爵士、鄉村及許多其他類型。然而它並不是山寨版。它是正宗原創。它也是創意十足、情感豐富與誠實直率的。我認為這些因素讓披頭四成為了歷史上最具影響力的偉大樂團之一。

但是那是屬於六0年代與七0年代的精神。老鷹合唱團在他們的經典名曲 “加州旅店”中寫得最貼切 :「自從1969年以後,我們就沒有那種精神了…」

1969年,你在哪裡? 如今,你又在哪裡?

I Am 69
By David Tao

In 1969, the first man landed on the moon, Nixon became one of most infamous presidents in US history, students from Harvard and Cornell began mass anti-war riots, Woody Allen wrote his controversial book about sex, gays fought back for the first time against police, the first Rock music festival (Woodstock) was born, the Beatles released one of their most famous records (Abbey Road) and then broke up, Led Zeppelin produced the first heavy metal album, two disturbing and mysterious killing sprees (the Manson family murders and Zodiac killer) unfolded, Punk music was born, Midnight Cowboy became the first X-rated movie to win an Oscar for Best Picture, Sesame Street aired its first show and…

In that same year, on July 11th, I was born.

1969 may have been the end of a decade but it was, in fact, the birth of a new era for mankind. This year was somehow different than previous and was filled with landmark achievements events and cataclysmic episodes that to this day define who we are as a world. But many of us are not aware of this…

The world before 1969 was still a very conservative place. However, in 1969, it seemed that everything and everybody needed to break free. There was an explosion…an explosion of thought, expression, morality and even technology. It seemed like the world as a whole united to rebel. It was the birth of counter-culture as we know it today. My parents, for one, decided to rebel as they acted against tradition and their families by eloping. They ran off, got married, and had me. I, in turn, grew up as a very mischievous and rebellious child which could have been a case of instant karma. In those days, my parents had big hair, wore bell-bottoms and bright, flowered-print shirts with huge collars. My dad even wore a pink scarf. It was the hippie-era and it was cool to wear your hair long. The mid 60’s was all about “peace and love”, embracing a sexual revolution and drug sub-culture. The world seemed so much more “free” than the world we live in today though, comparatively speaking, we now have less restrictions. Or is it really so?

A lot of art and pop culture from today seems very cursory and superficial. It’s meant to appeal only to our senses but doesn’t really generate much thought or discussion. It may seem “cool” at first but when you dig deeper to find a meaning, you find nothing. However, what disturbs me the most is that much of today’s music, art, fashion and esthetic sense is very derivative. It is derived and “copied” from original art forms of the 60’s and 70’s without retaining its soul or meaning. It’s nothing but a shell that looks good from the outside but is empty within. There’s nothing wrong with drawing on inspiration from the past but how can we create something new and original with it? What’s worse than creating something derivative is creating an inferior copy of a copy. We all know it’s difficult to improve upon something that’s already perfect but can we at least copy it faithfully?

I personally feel that understanding the history and origin of things is very important. It is absolutely important if you are trying to create something original yourself. This pertains not only to the creative field but also to the business, technological, political and sociological realms. If you are a car designer, it’s imperative to thoroughly understand the genesis of the automobile from the first Ford to what your competitors are building now. If you write rock songs, then it’s important to understand the depth and width of how rock music evolved, from the history of African tribal music, to the Blues, and to how it evolved into Hard Rock. All things are born out of other things so it’s important to know how they evolved and what their root are.

We must not forget that the 60’s and 70’s were a tumultuous time. The world was engulfed in human rights movements, wars, riots and political upheaval. Perhaps this gave people a reason and motivation to express themselves? Is it that the age defined us and not us that defined our generation?

I’ve always argued that real hip-hop and rap music cannot grow in Taiwan, HK, or China because we don’t have the history and environment to nurture it. It’s not that we don’t like hip-hop and rap as a style of music but that it doesn’t have a “reason” to exist here. Hip-hop and rap’s origins lie in African-American history, repression, gang culture and violence. It is born out of a necessity to speak out and express one’s self and not merely just a genre of music or a particular sound. Do the young generation of Taiwan, HK and China suffer from a repression, violence and discrimination that hip-hop and rap was born out of? Or are they merely adopting a style of music and dress because it’s cool? I frequently see on the streets of Taipei, HK and Beijing kids who are dressed like rappers and hip-hop artists but I always wonder if they really “walk the talk”? Of course, there’s no crime in dressing the way they do but isn’t it important to go deeper and find out if we are merely adopting an appearance or really living true to ourselves? Perhaps this generation is not only one that is superficial and doesn’t have meaning, it doesn’t even know itself anymore. They say the last two generations are named X and Y. This current one is named Z. Does it stand for Generation Zero?

On September 26, 1969, the Beatles released their last album (officially it was Let It Be), Abbey Road. Soon after, they broke up. The album, like the majority of their albums, was a great success. The Beatles’ music always had many traces of blues, classical, jazz, country and a host of other genres. However, it was NOT derivative. It was very original. It was also very creative, expressive and honest. That, in my opinion, is one of the reasons why the Beatles are one of the most influential and greatest bands in history.

But that was the spirit of the 60’s and 70’s. The Eagles’ said it best in their hit song, “Hotel California” with the lyric, ”we haven’t had that spirit here since 1969…

Where were you in 1969? Where are you, today?

返回列表